Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How do you get Vista to work with iTunes?

iTunes used to work with Vista when I first bought my laptop in July. Then it upgraded the newest version of iTunes and now I receive this message:





"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library





Program C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe


This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."





so then I click ok and it then says:





"This problem was caused by Qloud 3rd party plug-in for iTunes, which was created by Apple Inc.."





Can anyone help? I haven't been able to sync my iPod or even open iTunes since September!

How do you get Vista to work with iTunes?
Try doing a complete reinstall. That means you'll have to go into programs menu of control panel and remove iTunes completely from your computer (hint: make a backup of all your song files prior to this because I don't know if iTunes will delete them or not). Also make sure you delete all instances of Quick time for this could be the problem.





After that is complete, go to itunes.com and download the installation file again and run it. This will give your computer a brand new instance of iTunes and Quick Time with the latest updates. With any luck, you should then be good to sync your iPod.





If that doesn't work, you might try calling a help line for iTunes. Good luck!
Reply:Make sure you download the windows version of itunes, if it is the appropriated version go to my PC%26gt;program files%26gt;itunes and run the setup again then select repair that should fix the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment